Second Annual Cook’s Customs Contest 2015
Cook’s Customs and Kendama USA have partnered once again to bring you the Second Annual “Cook’s Customs Contest”!!! The Cook’s Customs Contest was so successful last year we couldn’t help but give it another shot. Many talented contestants entered from all over the world and helped achieve an amazing 2014 contest. The winner of the 2014 contest, Joey Swisher, has teamed up with the Cook and Kendama USA to judge the 2015 contest. Enter to win several prizes and more importantly to make your own custom line of Kendamas sold on KendamaUSA.com.
ABOUT THE CONTEST
The 2014 contest was mainly based on creativity, YouTube video quality and technicality, however this contest is different. We have concluded that one of the most overlooked aspects about kendama edits are locations. Filming an edit is not about how many stilt flips you can land in a row while you’re in your basement, it’s about getting outside and playing in beautiful and interesting places. One of the great things about Kendama is that it doesn’t need electricity, it runs off of you! We encourage all participants to explore where they live and show us the most interesting, crazy, beautiful, small, big, or creative places where you can film your tricks. Feel free to use props, jumbos, string-less, or anything else kendama related you can think of.
We realize that it might be an unfair advantage to younger contestants that are unable to drive to awesome spots or make really intricate videos with expensive cameras so for the first time we are making a fifteen and under “Junior” division and also a separate “Pro” 16 and up division. So invite your friends of all ages to enter!!!
Here is a summary:
- Raines Cook
- Joey Swisher
- Kendama USA Team
What we’re looking for:
- The LOCATIONS
- Trick technicality
- Video quality
- Music incorporation
- Use any kind of Kendama you want and be as creative as you want.
- The edit should be titled Cook’s Customs Contest 2015 (your name here).
- Doubles edits are ok. Prizing will be split with your partner.
- Post video to YouTube & send link to here w/ division, address and phone.
- Contest ends @ midnight EDT on Aug. 15th
- “Pro” entries under 16 add age as a side note when submitting your edit.
- 1st Prize: Collaborate with the Cook to create your own custom line of Kendamas that will be sold on the KendamaUSA website. Also you will receive two of these Kendamas (one to keep and one to play). As well as other surprise bonus items. Also your edit will be posted on the KendamaUSA website.
- 2nd Prize: You will receive any two Cook’s Customs Kendamas that you desire on the KendamaUSA website as well as a one of a kind surprise Cook’s Custom.
- 3rd Prize : You will receive one of any Cook’s Custom Kendama sold on the KendamaUSA website and other surprise bonus items.
- 1st Prize: Along with having your edit posted to the KendamaUSA website you will receive a Cook’s Customs care package
- Care Package will include:
- Included: Purple pearlized Cook’s Custom
- Custom Rasta Tama
- Blue Energy Series Kendama
- 2 Surprise Custom one of a kind Kendamas
- String pack, stickers, ect.
- 2nd Prize: You will receive a surprise Cook’s Custom kendama and other bonus gifts.
Follow @cookscustoms on Instagram for updates and contest info as well